Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas, Etc.

Here are a couple of very long and late posts! BJ got me an awesome Christmas present, a Nikon SLR camera, which is fast enough to keep up with Sydney. I've sort of learned how to use the camera, and had to use different software, so this was a long process. I love the camera so far.

Twas the week before Christmas... and everything was crazy. Sydney had pinkeye, croup, some kind of chest infection, and later probably an ear infection. I had a bad virus and lost my voice on Christmas Day, and then got a cold. BJ had a cold, and the garage apartment of a rent house we own burned down, so that kept him really busy. Whew! Despite all of that, we had a nice, long visit in San Angelo, and we made it to all of the family events in some form or fashion. Thanks to both families for spoiling us too much with lovely gifts, especially Sydney!

Here she is on Christmas Eve, wearing the cutest little dress that Diana made. We got so many compliments on it!




Sydney could NOT stop touching the moving people on this at Nannie's house- too tempting and right at her level.


Abi dressed up as Santa!



Merry Christmas at Mom's house! Looks like we were all good this year.

Sydney enjoyed BJ's new wrench thing.


BJ modeling his new welding mask.


Unfortunately this is how Sydney spent much of Christmas day... just wasn't feeling well.


Playing with her new giant stuffed dog and bear! Thanks to Carson and Dusty!



Mmmm... angel cookies, which of course Sydney loved.



Opening some presents after Christmas, since she slept through.

Kirking Family Christmas at the Place! Fishing fun with BJ and Papa.




The group broke out Abi's hula hoop, and everyone had to try it out. This camera is so fast- BJ's hooping only lasted one spin I think, and I caught it (I'm sure it was only because he was holding Sydney :).



"Eek, get me out of this camo!" Just kidding- she was just overtired when we put this outfit on her. I think it was the hat she wasn't crazy about wearing.

All is well now! We just put this over her pj's since it was chilly, and you can see her monkey feet sticking out.

Happy Birthday to Mom! Sydney's expression pretty much sums up her evening- she was CRAZY and all over the place. Good thing we had dinner at home.



At home at last! In the past couple of months we have fixed up the playroom a bit, and this weekend we finally put up the wall hanging thing. New toys have a home and it's clean for the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment