Saturday, January 5, 2013

Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas this year, although it was very different from how we usually spend Christmas.  This is the first year that we did not go to San Angelo since we were waiting around for Wyatt to show up.  I was so sure that he would be here to celebrate Christmas with us, but he surprised us by coming later.  Our parents came here to spend Christmas with us while we waited, which was so nice! 

We made sugar cookies before Christmas.  Sydney loves to help... mainly so she can ask a million times when she can lick the bowl.



Three days before Christmas... still pregnant!


BJ's mom brought this Santa suit that BJ wore when he was a kid.  Sydney was really excited to put it on.



Decorating a gingerbread man cake with Neeme


We ate the cookies, so we made another batch for Santa since we had plenty of time to kill!



We read the Knuffle Bunny books to Jenna at least a hundred times each in our time at home.  All of us have them memorized now!


Cookies for Santa


Santa gifts for Sydney


and for Jenna



Sydney was very excited about Santa and Christmas this year.  She had been asking Santa for a Monster High Doll, which she saw in an ad, and I don't even know what that is!  We thought a bike would be better, which she had not asked for.  On Christmas Day, she said, "I asked Santa for a Monster High Doll, but I really meant that I wanted a bike, and Santa brought the bike!  He just KNOWS what we want!"  So cute.


Both girls enjoyed Jenna's art easel






We were able to have Christmas brunch with cousins




Jenna had to try on her new jammies over her clothes


Went out to try the bike!



And that was our Christmas Day!  We were pretty low key compared to our usual hectic schedule.  I mostly took pictures of the kids, and I didn't get a family picture or many pictures of the rest of the group.  

Trying on their cute robes from the Walters




Jenna has been wearing her hats in the house


Helping Daddy with the Jeep


Here is BJ's Jeep almost finished!  Not the best picture but it looks really good in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment