Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Fun Part 1

Well as usual there is a lot to catch up on!  Lots of fun times, although not necessarily what we planned since I stayed pretty close to home recovering after ankle surgery.


The weekend after I broke my ankle, we had planned a trip to San Antonio with friends who have girls the same ages as Sydney and Jenna.  BJ went ahead and took the girls, with my mom here to take care of Wyatt and me.  They had a great time at Sea World, and I hope we can all go back this fall so I can enjoy it too.



Jenna rode the tiny roller coaster for the first time!  She loved it. 




And this is what the kids looked like after a long day with no naps.  A little crazy!!!


Super Dad!  The girls were so happy that BJ took them.


Sooo tired!  I think this was about two seconds after they left the hotel to head home.


While they were gone, Wyatt started rolling from his back to tummy, at about 4.5 mos!

Slip n slide fun! 




Jenna is so sweet to Wyatt- she is always playing with him.



We are so thankful for Granny!  She spent about 5 weeks in total with us in May/June.  We could not have made it through these months without her help.  The kids loved having her here.


Sydney's first dance recital was in May.  She has been taking tap and ballet class at the daycare this year.  She was super excited! 






Smores in the backyard- despite Sydney's expression, we had fun


"Look at me, I'm Daddy!"  ha ha


My mom got this jumperoo to keep at her house to entertain Wyatt when we came to visit for a weekend in June.  Wyatt loved it (so much so that we took it with us!).  He was 5 mos. old here.



Wyatt does not like to be out of town.  He does not sleep well.  He was so happy when we got home!


The girls stayed in San Angelo for the week, and they had so much fun.






They spent a few days with Neeme and Papa as well.  This is Neeme playing the ukelele.



Wyatt enjoyed being an only child at home!


Sydney wrote this- cute.


Tiny baby mohawk


Kirking Family Reunion was in Salado this year.  We had a great time, although I did not take many pictures since I was on crutches.  The girls had SO much fun with cousins.  I can't believe I don't have a picture of Taylor, the oldest cousin, who Sydney was practically attached to the entire time.  She was so sweet to play with the little kids.


Wyatt's first swim!  He loved it.




Classic Jenna.  One minute happily eating Oreos...


and the next minute having a breakdown.


The girls love staying in hotels.  They are so wound up it takes them forever to go to sleep.  Jenna is the queen of stalling- she is so silly.




Jenna started taking dance class this summer.  She was so excited to join Sydney after watching the dance recital.


Dads and Donuts for Father's Day- BJ took them to a donut shop which they thought was so fun.





Photo by Sydney- she loves taking pictures with my phone.


Almost 6 months old





Happy Father's Day to BJ!!!  We had a pretty low key day, but I hope BJ knows how much I appreciate all that he does.  Especially in the last couple of months since he has had to take on a lot of my responsibilities as well.  The kids agree that he is the best daddy ever!



A day in the life of Wyatt... surrounded by dolls and sisters!


"Bye Mom, we're going on a trip!".  They play together so well most of the time.  It is so fun to watch them play together.



Snow cones with Granny!


Wyatt's first food, just before 6 months old.  He wasn't sure what was about to happen.


Here come the sweet potatoes


Hmm.  Food is overrated.  


Sydney always wants to strike a pose for pictures


We celebrated Jenna's birthday with Granny before she went back home.  Jenna loved the dress up and matching doll.



We even had cupcakes and a candle!  Jenna got a lot of celebrating this year.




Sydney is so happy a lot of the time, especially in the photos I usually post.  She gets excited about pretty much anything, and is very photogenic, so she is the easiest one to photo.  However, she is not always so chipper!  Super grumpy here after naptime.


Wyatt's first time in the swing at the park.  I thought he would love it, but he thinks, "ehhh, whatever."


No comments:

Post a Comment